Adventure Travel: Baja
Fly Fishing the Sea of Cortez
May 25-29, 2016
The calm waters of the Sea of Cortez offer a tremendous variety of fish for fly anglers looking for saltwater action. Chock full of Marlin, Roosters, Wahoo, Dorado, Yellowtail, Grouper and Snapper, this is a fly fishing paradise. This trip is is truly prix fixe and includes 4 hotel nights, 3 days of fishing and all meals. The only thing not included is airfare, gratuities, and alcohol. Fly fish from cruisers with English-speaking, fly fishing captains.
La Paz has the rich flavor of what Baja used to be, inexpensive, fun, safe, and offering a great diversity of species for fly anglers: Dorado, Rooster, Sailfish, Bonita, etc. May is prime time for big Roosters.
The operation we use is owned by Americans, they have a fleet of boats and their Captains are employees and not independent charter contractors. While not a strictly fly fishing operation (they do conventional fishing as well), the head fly fishing guide is American and there are four additional captains who understand and appreciate fly fishing.
We have customized this trip for our clients so that you pay one inclusive price $1650:
- Airport transfers from Cabo to La Paz (both ways)
- 4 nights in a quality hotel within walking distances to the heart of the City
- 3 days of guided fishing out of Cruisers with sunshades (not pangas)
- Local fishing license
- Breakfast buffet (all you can eat)
- Lunches provided on the boat
- Dinners at restaurants of your choice (over two dozen options) in La Paz. Order whatever you want
- Water, beer and soda on the boat
- Fish will be cleaned, filleted, vacuumed pack and flash frozen if you want
- Transportation within La Paz in the evenings
- *Live Bait
- Borrow quality fly fishing gear if needed
- Tips to drivers and Captains
- Arrive on May 25 (Wednesday)
- Fish 26-28
- Depart May 29 (Sunday)
This trip is super fun, perfect for fly fishers who are ready to try saltwater fishing for the first time, and experience saltwater anglers alike.
* The use of live bait (sardines) is to get predators chummed into a frenzy.